Tuesday 22 April 2014

My Spring Essentials...

First of all, Happy Easter! Hope you had a lovely time off school/college/uni etc. and that you got plenty of chocolate!♥
I've seen post's like this floating around all month and I think it's interesting seeing how different (and sometimes similar!) people's 'spring essentials' are, so why not share mine?


An obvious one, Easter Egg's! What is Spring with out Easter & loads of chocolate? Lindor is my favourite so I got this egg & bunny from my mam & dad, YUM!♥


Soap & Glory 'Mist You Madly' Fragrance Mist, Boots, £3.50 100ml OR £6.50 250ml 
I actually wear this scent all year round because it smells SO good, but I definitely wear this more in Spring as it's so floral and just so Spring appropriate! Also, I often get compliments or people ask what I've got on when I wear this so that's a bonus.♥


Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette, Debenhams, £37
I think everyone is familiar with this ever so famous palette so I'm not going to go into too much! But all the colours included are pretty pinks/plums/rose golds, which in my opinion are very Spring colours! You can create so many different looks with this palette (day & night) so it is definitely worth the money, I have all 3 naked palette's and I love each one, they're such good quality & in my opinion, they're worth the 'hype' they have, but definitely go test one before you buy it so you don't end up spending almost £40 on a palette that doesn't suit you or that you'll end up not wearing!☺

Maybelline 24HR Color Tattoo in 'Pink Gold' £4.99, Boots
If you have the Naked 3 palette or any pink coloured eye shadow's that you like to wear, you need this! This is a cream eye shadow so you can wear this alone (which looks pretty still!) but it actually makes a perfect eye shadow primer, putting this underneath with make the colour's stand out so much more.♥


Benefit Hoola Bronzer, Benefit, 8.0g £23.50
If, like me, you're more of a medium skin tone, then this bronzer will be more light on your, if you're more pale, this won't be the same for you (sorry!). Anyway, this is great for a more gentle contour & all over bronzer, for me, it makes me look naturally 'sun-kissed' I guess & just give a healthy colour rather than looking a little ghostly!☺

MUA Blusher in 'Marshmallow' £1, Superdrug
This is a subtle, gentle pink blush that gives you just a slight pop of colour to your cheeks, I don't like a lot of face make up on in Spring so a little bit of this just looks really pretty & natural! Also, for £1, you can't go wrong!☺

MUA Matte Lipstick in 'Peachy Keen' £1, Superdrug
I'm actually not keen on wearing this by itself as my lips are quite darker than this & also my lips have a lot of lines (and are slightly cracked atm). However, with any kind of lip gloss over the top, this looks really nice & since it's a matte lipstick, I find it lasts a lot longer. If you have nice lips that are naturally quite light, this would look super nice on it's own!☺

Benefit Dandelion Lipgloss, Benefit, 15.0ml £14.50
This is a really gentle pink lip gloss which actually looks really good over the MUA lipstick I just mentioned, but it still looks nice on it's own if you're looking for a nice glossy, soft colour!☺

Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter in 'Strawberry Shortcake' £7.99, Boots
I absolutely love the Revlon Lip Butters, they're so soft and moisturising but still leave a long lasting pretty colour, this shade is a really light pink which looks so perfect in Spring & Summer!☺

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Polish in 'Dragon Fruit' (Right) Greenberry (Left) £3.99, Superdrug 
I've has these 2 colours on my nails A LOT this Spring, as well as last Spring too! Dragon Fruit is a coral pink colour & Greenberry is a unique green colour. The formula of the Gelly Nail Polishes are amazing, you can get away with just one coat of colour, they're super shiny & really thick but they're not gloopy at all.♥

I know I've kept this quite brief, but I didn't want to make this post too long!
Feel free to ask questions about any products in the comments!
 Thanks for reading!☺

D


2 comments:

  1. I recently got the naked 3 palette and i would have never tought im gonna love it as much as i do! the colours look so similar but they do create a different effect when you apply them:) i love the photos! Im your new follower, please check out my blog if you have a minute:)

    http://maayhappy.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's such a nice palette, I just think I'm not going to use it as much after summer!
      thank you! X

      Delete