Sunday 18 May 2014

MOTN: Katy Perry Concert...

On Saturday the 10th, I went to see Katy Perry live on her Prismatic World Tour in Newcatsle, Metro Radio Arena, and OH MY GOSH, BEST. NIGHT. EVER.
I'm quite a fan of Katy & have loved her ever since I first heard IKAG. In 2011 I saw her on her California Dreams Tour which was so perfect so I didn't hesitate in buying tickets when I saw she was touring again! And wow oh wow, this tour just totally topped her last one! The stage, the set, the lights, the costumes, the... EVERYTHING, ugh, it was just too good to put into words! Me & my friend are now trying to win every competition possible to go to her other shows as we can't afford to actually buy more tickets (especially including hotels & travel etc) so fingers crossed!♥
I thought I'd include some of my favourite photos I took just so you can see how amazing she looked & what her costumes etc were like...





Anywaaaaay... since seeing so many people dressing up & making an effort for her shows, I kinda thought to myself; "I want to, too!". I wasn't too keen on the idea of getting totally dressed up in a full on costume & when she brought out her video for Darkhorse, the idea of going all 'Egyptian' just stuck with me and since it didn't really require going all out on costume or accessories, I just did it with things I already had. ☺


I based my idea around this look from her Darkhorse music video, this one interested me most & I thought it seemed quite achievable too, so I gave it my best shot... 




Obviously, mine didn't look as good as Katy Perry's but I'm in no way a make up artist - just putting that out there! But also I didn't have any glitter to make the colours sparkle like Katy's, also I ended up rushing and didn't have time to perfect my eyeliner and add any to my lash line (oops!). Another thing, I cropped out my lips as they photographed awfully & looked really not nice at all! I used MUA's Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer in Kooky which I will not recommend at all, the colour is amazing but the formula is awful! So I ended up wearing a different purple lipstick instead!
But overall, I'm actually pretty pleased with how it turned out, a few people complimented me on it also!♥

I also wore a gold head piece from River Island (I bought it  ages ago! Sorry!) and a kind of Aztec print dress which was from Republic along with my leather biker jacket & red converse to keep it comfy & warm since I was queueing all day!

The products I used on my face were: 
Primer: Benefit Porefessional
Foundation: A mix of Borjouis Healthy Mix & L'Oreal True Match - to get the right shade.
Concealer: Collection Lasting Perfection
Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte
Blush: MUA 'Cupcake'
Contour & Highlight: Sleek Face Contour Kit
Eyebrows: Seventeen's Brow's That! Kit
Eye Shadow: 'Half Baked' from Urban Decay Naked Palette, 'Snobby' from The Balm's Nude Tude Palette and Bare Minerals Eye Shadow in 'Grape' and 'Angel'
Eye Liner: L'Oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim & Maybelline Master Drama Gel Liner 
Eyelashes: Eylure Katy Perry Colour Pop in KA-POW (the purple ones)
Mascara: Maybelline Big Eyes

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed reading!
Feel free to leave comments & if you are going to see/already seen Katy live, I'd love to hear about your experience & mainly, what you wore!☺

D


No comments:

Post a Comment